VP - Asset Liability Management (ALM)
Salary SGD150000 - SGD170000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Johnson Low (R1983658)
Date posted 14 October 20192019-10-14 2019-12-13 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 150000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This global financial institution is looking for a VP - Asset Liability Management (ALM) to lead ALM topics in Asia on risk, product development and strategic asset allocation (SAA).
About the VP - Asset Liability Management (ALM):
In this role, you will ensure local, regional, and group alignment through strong quantitative and qualitative analysis, and ongoing communication with all stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain and improve effectiveness of local ALM/SAA activities
- Prepare ALM analysis to local, regional and group committees, meetings, or conferences on a regular/ad hoc basis, and ensure alignment with local, regional, and group stakeholders
- Support local CIO in the SAA derivation process for existing and new products. Identify, analyse and understand all application dimensions (e.g. local accounting, local regulation/solvency requirements, Solvency II implications, risk/return optimisation). Increase business impact of ALM by introducing business elements in the development of investment strategies
- Drive understanding of challenges and opportunities for ALM within Asia. Provide ALM training where appropriate
- Participate in the development of new products. Increase ALM transparency for new products
- Serve as a business partner to selected operating entities in Asia on an ongoing basis by providing support on all aspects of investment management including liaising and following up with relevant colleagues
- Strengthen the local network across Asian entities, regional and group stakeholders. Build strong relationships based on transparency, partnership and trust. Key stakeholders are investment, risk, finance, actuarial and product functions
To succeed in this VP - Asset Liability Management (ALM) role, you will need the relevant experience and have a great ability to manage senior stakeholders well. You will need to be able to influence, challenge, be prepared to be challenged on ideas and push back where necessary.
- 10 - 12 years’ work experience in asset liability management, capital management, risk management, actuarial pricing or reserving, or product development for the insurance industry
- Significant amount of time spent in Asia in an operating entity, consultancy or set-up
- Actuarial qualification desired. Master’s degree in Actuarial Science or Mathematics is a plus
- Experience with the China or India market is a plus
- Academic background in actuarial sciences, financial mathematics, finance or related fields with strong quantitative skills and an analytical mindset
- Understanding of financial instruments such as fixed income, equity, alternatives, derivatives (forwards, swaptions etc.), structured products. Understanding of Asia economics, Asian investment products and Asian insurance markets preferred
- Strong presentation, communication and relationship building skills. Willingness to travel occasionally
- Proactive and enthusiastic personality with the ability to identify and lead projects and people based in different locations in the region. Comfortable in working in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
This investment management organisation has hubs around with world with its Asian hub in Singapore. With an investment portfolio of several hundred billion dollars, this global giant supports high potential talent in an incredibly demanding environment. This organisation is ideal for candidates looking for a challenging and demanding role a multicultural and multinational environment where people come first.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this job for VP - Asset Liability Management (ALM).
Apply now if you are a good fit for this opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1983658 Low Junsheng Johnson