Salary SGD66000 - SGD84000 per annum
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 13 March 20192019-03-13 2019-05-12 financial-services singapore SG SGD 66000 84000 84000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A great opportunity has just been made available as a Management Accountant within the Non-Life division at a leading reinsurance firm, based in Singapore. In this job you will be responsible for monitoring business performance and implementing quality assurance standards.
About the Management Accountant Role:
As the Management Accountant within Non-Life, you will be reporting into the Head of Accounting and Control and be responsible for accounting duties which include preparation of management accounts. You will also be reviewing monthly reports, suggesting improvements and action plans to the management team and other stakeholders.
- Provide timely and meaningful analysis of business performance including relevant drivers for the business and new segments against the plans and the agreed business cases
- Provide guidance and support to internal clients in order to streamline business processes and provide any relevant support to enable them to make more informed decisions
- Communicate all relevant information for the reporting process in order to provide accurate loss estimations early in the quarterly process
- Drive quarterly assurance activities for the region and support in key projects in the regional CFO team
- Support in local regulatory and governance requirements, ensuring adequate explanations are provided for queries raised by internal or external stakeholders
- Maintain adequate documentation of internal processes and ensure compliance with internal guidelines
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong track record of management accounting within the insurance or reinsurance industry, good working knowledge of systems and dedicated professional to strengthen the team.
- A Qualified Accountant (CA or CPA) with Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance. The completion of other insurance or audit related certifications is a plus.
- Relevant experience in local regulatory reporting, management accounting, preferably within the insurance or reinsurance industry
- Excellent analytical skills and past experience in audit or consulting is advantageous
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of insurance accounting and proficiency in MS Excel and IT skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English – knowledge of other Asian languages e.g. Japanese, Korean, Hindi will also be an advantage in order to communicate with regional clients
This global reinsurer is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Management Accountant position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn