Financial Reporting Manager
Consultant Joseph Quinn (R1770040)
Date posted 19 February 20192019-02-19 2019-04-20 financial-services singapore SG SGD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A great job opportunity has just been made available as a Financial Reporting Manager at a leading reinsurance firm, based in Singapore. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating the close process, analysis of results, running operational improvement projects and report to senior management. Additionally, you will provide support across the regional accounting team, covering Property, Life and Health reinsurance business.
About the Financial Reporting Manager Role:
As the Financial Reporting Manager, you will be delivering high-quality analysis and reports of the Reinsurance business in Asia, as well as maintaining a stable and reliable technical closing process. Furthermore, you will serve as a partner to support the business including client markets, underwriting and actuarial management in driving process improvement.
- Coordinate the technical close, substantiation and analytics process across Asia
- Consolidate the quarterly results presentations for US GAAP and board presentation materials, presenting them to senior management and key stakeholders
- Manage the monthly US GAAP forecasting process for Asia, ensuring that material updates are gathered from various teams and appropriately factored into ongoing forecasts
- Critically assess the periodic reporting processes and deliverables, proposing areas for improvement and optimisation
- Support build-up of the reporting & analysis hub in India
To succeed in the Financial Reporting Manager job, you must have relevant accounting or financial reporting experience, working in both life and non-life re/insurance.
- A Qualified Accountant with Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Expert in reporting under multiple accounting frameworks preferred, particularly US GAAP
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain complex issues in a clear and concise fashion and develop effective working relationships with a broad range of partners
- Advanced data management capabilities are an advantage
This company is much more than reinsurance and is anything but traditional. They are highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Financial Reporting Manager position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1770040 Joseph Quinn