Financial Crime Investigations Officer
Salary SGD120000 - SGD145000 per annum
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 12 March 20192019-03-13 2019-05-11 banking Singapore SG SGD 120000 145000 145000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting opportunity is available to join an investment bank as a Financial Crime Investigation Officer. This is a truly global organisation with a strong reputation who are looking to strengthen their Anti Financial Crime capability.
About the Financial Crime Investigation Officer Role:
The AML Monitoring Officer’s primary responsibility will be alert and case handling and conducting investigations, while assisting with other FCI-related duties inclusive processes such as User Acceptance and Quality Assurance testing. You will be expected to be equipped with product knowledge and bring expertise in investigative processes and effective alert and case- handling procedures. As the Financial Crime Investigations (FCI) Officer you will be located in Singapore and report to FCI Manager, or delegated manager for Wealth Management.
- Perform AML monitoring and FCI-related case handling of assigned businesses in accordance with the framework
- Perform or support autonomous reviews and investigations. Participate in FCI-related technical and project work and user-acceptance tests
- Review and analyse daily AML/CTF cases to address transactions that contravene the banks/regulatory policies
- Ensure that review and investigation conclusions are adequately and properly documented for regulatory/audit level review
- Ensure that potential areas of risk (financial, reputation and regulatory) are investigated, identified and escalated to the relevant teams within FCI and/or Country AFC Officer
- Handle complex and confidential cases, seeking guidance from manager and other colleagues when required
- Liaise with Data Analytics Officer and provide support and assistance to Country AFC Officer with respect to the requirement that the internal systems parameters are reviewed at least annually
To succed in this job you must have sound technical AML, KYC, investigations knowledge and skills, with demonstrated hands-on experience.
- Degree educated with relevant AML or related certifications (CAMS, ICA Diploma) or have five to seven years’ relevant experience
- Previous law enforcement a benefit, criminology degree would be an asset
- Must be able to handle stressful situations while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving
- A background in a Financial Investigation Unit or Financial Crime Investigations with broad knowledge of AML or other investigations
- Familiarity with diverse banking products across business lines, specifically Wealth Management and experience in working on AML monitoring and case management systems
- Be the subject expert in AML/CTF typologies/trends
- Ability to Review Evidential Case Files using knowledge of Legislation
This company is one of the top names in its niche market. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are a progressive individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon