APAC Tax Manager - US Multinational in the TMT industry
Salary Market Aligned
Location Singapore RiverFULL_TIME
Consultant Akansha Agarwal (R1653338)
Date posted 21 October 20192019-10-21 2019-12-20 accountancy Singapore River SG SGD 120000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A this newly-created APAC Tax Manager job has just been made available at one of the fastest growing US multinationals in the TMT industry. In this role, you will lead the tax functions for APAC while being based in the regional headquarters in Singapore.
About the APAC Tax Manager - US Multinational in the TMT industry Role:
As an APAC Tax manager, you will be responsible for tax planning, consultation, design and audit and will oversee compliance, tax provision and reporting for the businesses operating within APAC. You will help develop innovative tax strategies and policies that support our compliance with local tax laws and regulations.
- Assess regional tax structure, identify tax savings opportunities and mitigate risks
- Implement tax-efficient operating models for new business lines and maximise tax efficiency in each of the local countries
- Income tax filings, business review and driving due dates and deliverables, and withholding tax management
- Provide tax advice relative to indirect tax, withholding tax and corporate tax compliance
- Represent the APAC offices in tax assessments carried out by the tax authorities
- Identify opportunities to reduce indirect tax costs by way of tax planning and vendor/client agreement structuring
- Lead local tax audits including income tax, VAT/GST, transfer pricing, or other relevant tax inspections
To succeed in this APAC Tax Manager - US Multinational in the TMT industry role, you must be a seasoned tax professional, with at least 10 – 12 years' experience in the taxation function across reputable audit firms and MNCs. You should have had experience of leading the group taxation function.
- Degree in Accounting or Taxation, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years' taxation experience, with at least three years of experience in a Big 4 firm
- Knowledge of APAC tax regulations and US transfer pricing principles
- Knowledge of US Accounting for tax principles
- Proven work experience as a tax manager in a large MNC or matrixed organisation
- Indirect tax exposure in a regional set up is a must
- Good at meeting deadlines and identifying/solving problems
The organisation is one of the fastest growing US multinationals with Singapore as their headquarters. They have a fast-paced culture and are very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are a Regional Tax Manager (APAC), this APAC Tax Manager - US Multinational in the TMT industry job an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653338 Akansha Agarwal