Treasury Product Controller
Salary SGD6000 - SGD6600 per month
Consultant Benjamin Chong (R1871995)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A top-tier international bank located in Singapore is actively looking for a Treasury Product Controller. The job will provide Line PC support for the Funding and Short Term Investments (Treasury) business for Asia Pacific.
About the Treasury Product Controller Role:
The role will provide Line PC support for the Funding and Short Term Investments (Treasury) business for Asia Pacific.
- Responsible for the daily P&L production process, including commentaries, explanation of Actual vs. Flash P&L variances, P&L attribution analysis, Clean/ Hypo PnL submission
- Adhere to the control and governance principles of product control function, including preparation and substantiation of adjustments, review and analysis of new deals and amendments, FOBO reconciliations and trader mandate monitoring
- Balance Sheet substantiation at month end
- Manage process of introducing new products to be traded by Business, which involves working with relevant parties to identify and resolve potential system, valuation, accounting, risk, regulatory etc issues. Ensure a smooth and rigorous process to support the new products, with necessary controls in place
- Process development through maintenance of updated documentation and improvements to bring about greater efficiency and control
- Production of weekly and monthly MIS reporting to senior management as well as various analysis and ad-hoc reporting requested by Business and other finance groups
- Front Office – ability to hold conversations with the Desk on PnL queries, challenge on PnL, flash vs formal variances, trading activity, etc.
- Investigate issues independently and provide suggestions on fix to Line Manager. Examples include fixing SAP-TDB mapping rules, clearing action points in Adjustment Review, Management Review Pack etc.
To succeed in this role, you must have experience within a top tier investment bank.
- ACA / CPA / CFA / Top tier university - 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Line PC experience and Financial Product knowledge – particularly around derivative and cash products
- Demonstrate appreciation of controls, process enhancement and improvement
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Experienced with MS Office (strong Excel skills)
- Experience within a top tier investment bank
- Previous exposure to money market and derivative products
- VBA macro skill
The successful Treasury Product Controller will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Treasury Product Controller role.
Apply today to discuss this role further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871995 Benjamin Chong