Regional Tax Manager for an American MNC
Salary SGD100000 - SGD130000 per annum + Market aligned
Consultant Mary Clare Abraham
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-24 2019-08-23 accountancy Singapore Singapore SG SGD 100000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Regional Tax Manager for an American MNC job is now available in a Global Professional Services firm based in Singapore.
About this Regional Tax Manager Role:
As a Regional Tax Manager , your main responsibilities is to support and help manage the tax and statutory compliance functions across eight countries within Southeast Asia, including, but not limited to, corporate tax, transfer pricing, indirect tax, contract negotiations and statutory / audit compliance. You will help develop innovative tax strategies and policies that support our compliance with local tax laws and regulations.
To succeed in the role, you must possess strong commercial, interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Working closely with the firm’s corporate tax team and finance team to monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments
- Providing tax advice relative to indirect tax, withholding tax and corporate tax compliance
- Representing the Southeast Asian offices in tax assessments carried out by the tax authorities and build relationships with the tax officials in the region
- Identifying opportunities to reduce indirect tax costs by way of tax planning and vendor / client agreement structuring)
- Working with the local Finance Managers and Accountants to optimise the process of capturing, reporting and administering the payment of withholding taxes on employees/ vendor payments in our Southeast Asian offices
- Degree in accounting or taxation, or related fields
- Five plus years of taxation experience, with at least three years of experience in a Big 4 Firm
- Proven work experience as a tax manager in a large MNC or matrixed organisation
- Indirect tax exposure in a regional set up is a must
- Good at meeting deadlines and identifying / solving problems
The successful Regional Tax Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
If you are ready to go regional, let's get in touch and make it happen.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: Mary Abraham