Tax Manager, SEA
Salary SGD100000 - SGD130000 per annum + Market aligned
Consultant Mary Clare Abraham
Date posted 18 June 20192019-06-18 2019-08-17 accountancy Singapore Singapore SG SGD 100000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Tax Manager SEA job is now available in a Global Professional Services firm based in Singapore.
About this Tax Manager SEA role:
As a Tax Manager SEA, your main responsibilities is to support and help manage the tax and statutory compliance functions across 8 countries within Southeast Asia, including, but not limited to, Corporate tax, Transfer Pricing, Indirect tax, Contract negotiations and Statutory / Audit Compliance. You will help develop innovative tax strategies and policies that support our compliance with local tax laws and regulations.
To succeed in the role, you must possess strong commercial, interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Work closely with Firm’s Corporate Tax team and Finance team to Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and create strategies to adapt to changes to taxation legislation
- Provide tax advice relative to indirect tax, withholding tax and corporate tax compliance, as it relates to the legal structure of client engagements, especially those involving multiple tax jurisdictions
- Represent the Southeast Asian offices in tax assessments carried out by the tax authorities and build relationship with the tax officials in the region
- Work with Firm’s Corporate tax team, regional / local Finance Managers and Accountants, and Global Finance Accounting Team on Statutory compliance and audit practices
- Work with local Finance Managers and Accountants to optimise the process of capturing accurate GST / VAT / Sales Tax data across the Southeast Asian offices and Work with overseas accounting team (GFA) on Indirect Tax balance sheet reconciliation
- Identify opportunities to reduce indirect tax costs by way of tax planning and vendor / client agreement structuring
- Work with Finance Managers and Accountants to apply for refunds with tax authorities (wherever applicable)
- Work with Regional / Local Finance Managers and Firm’s Business Traveler Tax team to support BTT strategy and process implementation
- Work with the local Finance Managers and accountants to optimise the process of capturing, reporting and administering the payment of withholding taxes on employees/ vendor payments in our Southeast Asian offices. and ensure the withholding tax returns are filed on a timely basis.
- Preference for minimum three years tax and / or audit experience in the Big 4
- Proven work experience as a tax manager in a large MNC or matrixed organisation
- Reporting jointly to Director of Finance and Administration and Corporate Tax Director
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax and statutory audit compliance and all types of tax return and statutory audit reports in Southeast Asia
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office
- Good at meeting deadlines and identifying / solving problems
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent team relationships
- BA in Accounting, Masters in Taxation and/or CPA or CA
The successful Tax Manager SEA will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
If you are ready to go regional, let's get in touch and make it happen.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: Mary Abraham