Indirect Tax Manager
Salary SGD5000 - SGD7000 per month
Consultant Cheryl Cheong (R1438979)
Date posted 19 March 20192019-03-19 2019-05-18 accountancy singapore SG SGD 5000 7000 7000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A newly created Indirect Tax Specialist job has just arisen at a well-established retail business based in Singapore. Reporting to the APAC Manager, you will be a part of a high potential regional team.
About the Indirect Tax Specialist Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for providing Indirect Tax support in the region through close partnership with the market financial and business leaders throughout the region and HQ.
- Act as a consultant to senior management team across business units in all aspects of indirect tax and customs duty support on impact to the business
- Development of new strategies and process improvements/mitigation
- Reviewing of GST/VAT calculations, returns, reconciliation and documentation
- Managing of audits across the region and liaising with external advisors to obtain advice for indirect tax and customs duty
- Conducting of training to various stakeholders across the region
- Be a key member to consolidate the plans and presentations to the senior management
- Complete ad hoc projects that may be assigned during the course of work
The successful Indirect Tax Specialist will need to have the ability to think commercially and work with senior business professionals.
- Ability to prioritise and work independently in a highly dynamic, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- At least four to five years of relevant experience either from Big 4 or with commercial experience.
- Consumer good industry experience will be an added advantage
- Degree holder in Accounting / Finance with an international accounting qualification
- Experienced in dealing with senior management and negotiating with tax authorities and advising on indirect tax as the subject matter expert
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High level of self-management and ability to function amidst tight deadlines and changing priorities
This is a world-class brand which needs no introduction and is a leader in their field of expertise. The pace is fast and demanding but if you are a confident and have a can-do attitude, the rewards are significant.
If you are an ambitious and commercially astute individual with a desire to work in a a fast moving business, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1438979 Cheryl Cheong