Senior Tax Manager, Singapore & Malaysia
Salary SGD160000 - SGD165000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Cheryl-Ann Szetoh Yuen Wann (R1104187)
Date posted 07 June 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A challenging Senior Tax Manager job has arisen at a world leading global organisation. Reporting to the Tax Director, you will be based in Singapore and will be managing and developing the cross-sector Tax Centre.
About the Senior Tax Manager, Singapore & Malaysia role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for the corporate tax compliance (both direct and indirect), transfer pricing, tax advisory, US tax legal reporting as well as statutory reporting for all legal entities in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Provide management and direction for the team, leading them through change to ensure team effectiveness and performance
- Provide tax advisory to business partners and Global & Regional Tax Teams for all sectors on all aspects of tax – corporate income tax, withholding tax, goods and services tax, transfer pricing, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, integration projects, etc.
- Keep abreast of tax legislation changes and ensure that stakeholders are timely informed of relevant changes
- Responsible for tax compliance work including reviews and timely and accurate submission of tax returns
- Liaise with tax authorities as required, including responses to queries raised
- Ensure accurate and timely quarterly group tax reporting including deferred tax accounting
- Responsible for US Tax Legal Reporting and ensure timely filing to Global Tax
- Support Tax Planning & Global Transfer Pricing (TP) Teams on TP initiatives and ensure local TP requirements are met
- Ensure SOX compliance and provide guidance to the team
To succeed in this Senior Tax Manager, Singapore & Malaysia role, you will need to have the ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- A professional tax qualification is required
- Has at least 10 years' professional experience in tax and has experience in managing a team
- Advisory firm or in-house experience at a major multinational corporation is required
- Excellent business partnering and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex tax issues to business partners and make recommendations
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills, partnering with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and external partners
- Ability to develop talent and lead teams across the enterprise is required
- Ability to drive innovative solutions to meet business needs is required
- Strong continuous improvement mind-set
- Travelling is required for the role (up to 10%)
If you are keen to be part of an entrepreneurial set-up, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Senior Tax Manager, Singapore & Malaysia role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104187 Cheryl-Ann Szetoh