Salary SGD80000 - SGD120000 per annum
Consultant Amritpal Singh (R1331067)
Date posted 07 May 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A rare job opportunity has arisen for a Tax Manager to take on the Head of Tax role at a large locally-listed GLC operating out of Singapore. The company is a diversified organisation with strong expansion plans.
About the Tax Manager role:
Reporting directly to the Group CFO and Group FC, you will be responsible for the tax department and all taxation matters for the group.
- Ensure that all the entities in the Group comply with the relevant tax regulations where the entities operate
- Responsible for all tax compliance and planning issues for the group
- Provide support including developing tax efficient structures for acquisitions, divestment, financing and cross-border transactions
- Manage a team of three analysts
- Review and identify tax issues such as the taxation of foreign income, tax treat interpretations, permanent establishment and withholding tax implications
- Ensure adequate current tax provision and deferred tax asset/liability for the group
- Manage and resolve tax audits/controversies
- Identify and manage tax risks / opportunities for the Group’s operations
- Identify tax initiatives that may qualify for tax incentives in the respective countries
- Work with business units to advise, design and manage business model from tax perspective
- Recommend and implement improvements to tax compliance and reporting processes and establish a standardised process within the Group
- Identify and address potential tax implications on projects undertaken
- Identify, follow-up and resolve the tax risk/contingencies
- Supervise the tax team and share your experience and knowledge of leading practices
To succeed in the Tax Manager role, you must possess excellent interpersonal skills along with necessary qualifications.
- Degree in Accounting/Taxation
- Member/affiliate of SIATP/ISCA or other recognised professional accountant/taxation institutes
- Minimum eight years' tax experience within a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/ or MNC
- Knowledge of international tax, mergers and acquisitions
- Good people management, leadership and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established global company with wide expansion plans.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Tax Manager role is for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1331067 Amritpal Singh