Salary SGD8000 - SGD10000 per month
Consultant Lilian Sim (R1439442)
Date posted 12 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A global shipping/oil and gas company is seeking to hire a Tax Manager to be a part of the team in its Singapore office. In this job, you will be working very closely with the senior leadership members in the region.
About the Tax Manager Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be working closely with the finance team and other senior leaders to ensure that the finance function is able to support the growth of the organisation.
- Ensure that all the entities in the Group comply with the relevant tax and transfer pricing related regulations where the entities operate, including assisting in the preparation of the transfer pricing documentations
- Responsible for all tax compliance and planning issues for the group
- Provide support including developing tax efficient structures for acquisitions, divestment, financing and cross-border transactions
- Review and identify tax issues such as the taxation of foreign income, tax treat interpretations, permanent establishment and withholding tax implications
- Ensure adequate current tax provision and deferred tax asset/liability for the group
- To manage and resolve the tax audits
- Identify and manage tax risks for the Group’s operations
- Identify tax initiatives that may qualify for tax incentives in the respective countries
- Work with business units to advise, design and manage business model from tax perspective
- Recommend and implement improvement to the tax compliance and reporting processes and establish a standardised process within the Group
- Identify and address potential tax implications on projects undertaken
- To identify, follow-up and resolve the tax risk
- Supervise the tax team and share knowledge on leading practices
To succeed in this Tax Manager role, you will need to possess relevant accounting qualifications and have a strong interest in developing your career in a vibrant environment.
- Degree in Accounting/Taxation
- Member/affiliate of SIATP/ISCA or other recognised professional accountant/taxation institutes
- Seven years’ tax experience with IRAS, in public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) and/or MNC handling direct or indirect taxes, regional role but preferably in a global role
- International tax experience, mergers and acquisitions
- Added advantage for candidates with prior experience with maritime industry
- Hands-on Oracle/SAP system knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good people management, leadership and analytical skills
This organisation is a high-growth business with a strong international reputation and plans to develop across the globe. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Tax Manager role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439442 Lilian Sim