APAC Head of Tax
Salary SGD170000 - SGD220000 per annum + 30% VB
Consultant Timothy Klimcke (R1221535)
Date posted 09 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An APAC Head of Tax job has just been made available at a global bank based in Singapore. If successful, you will be taking the lead on all international tax matters and working closely with senior leaders in the business.
About the APAC Head of Tax role:
Whilst being based in Singapore, you will have a direct line to the Global Head of International Tax in London and play a key role in a global team comprising tax specialists.
- Ensure the tax profile of the clients are correct and that their investment methodologies are understood
- Client-facing at times; participate in industry forums; active engagement with many other senior internal stakeholders
To succeed in this APAC Head of Tax role, you will need to have top-notch communication skills and an outstanding ability to forge close working relationships with both internal and external clients, putting yourself into the minds of clients to anticipate requirements.
- Fundamental technical knowledge of tax operations, gained through significant exposure to business disciplines, operating at a senior level
- Bright, articulate and entrepreneurial with a demonstrated ability to navigate through obstacles, work under pressure and successfully deliver to tight deadlines in a fast-moving business environment
- Strong presentation skills, ability to get concepts over effectively; good writing skills - an ability to form cohesive and persuasive documents is a must
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - the ability to get the best out of people is a core proficiency
- Fully-qualified accountant or legal degree would be preferable
- Solid knowledge of withholding tax, tax documentation and tax reclaim is required
- Familiarity with QI regime, FATCA and other regulatory-driven tax environments is highly desirable
- A working knowledge of the securities markets and fund management would be an advantage in addition to strong asset servicing experience
The company is a prominent global bank that needs no introduction. If you would like to find out more about the APAC Head of Tax role, please reach out to me or apply today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1221535 Tim Klimcke