Senior Tax Manager, Planning (APAC)
Consultant Cheryl-Ann Szetoh Yuen Wann (R1104187)
Date posted 13 October 2016
An exciting Senior Tax Manager, Planning has arisen at one of the most respected consumer goods organisations based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Tax Director, this is a highly visible role in the business.
About the Senior Tax Manager, Planning (APAC) role:
In this business critical role, you will be instrumental in ensuring proper support for the maintenance of operational tax planning activities in the regions and ensuring close connectivity to business partners in finance.
- Support the development, maintenance and governance of the tax planning model, aligned to business operations and leaders in Asia Pacific region : pricing strategy, sourcing model, globalisation of sector functions, business development projects
- Lead operational planning including documentation: intercompany agreements, pricing reviews, TP documentation, product and financial flows, and all other support documentation
- Manage operational governance and maintenance: functional alignment to business models, including providing guidance and collaborating with various stakeholders across finance, supply chain, R&D, marketing, etc
- Manage Asia Pacific regional tax rate which includes: managing the forecast and latest thinking, performing rate analysis and communicating results to Regional Planning Tax Director and/or Finance Management
- Provide business insights and information to the Country Tax Centers in Asia Pacific to ensure the Centers have all information necessary to calculate provision models and prepare tax returns, including information related to significant changes to the business
- Collaborate with Country Tax Centers and finance leaders in Asia Pacific regarding audits on TP matters and business models, including reviewing audit recommendations and managing complex audit requests related to Transfer pricing / business model
- Manage tax exposure reserves related to transfer pricing and operational planning model and coordinate with internal/ external parties alignments
- Manage other tax related projects, including but not limited to, advance pricing agreements, tax incentive planning, treasury planning, customs, merger & acquisition and internal audit inquiries related to transfer pricing
The successful Senior Tax Manager, Planning (APAC) must be a self-directed individual, able to exercise a high level of independent judgement, execute activities in a highly complex environment, and possess strong communication, business partnering and people management skills.
- Degree in finance or accounting
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant or Master’s degree in finance or accounting with advanced courses in taxation or Accredited Tax Advisor/Practitioner
- Relevant tax and finance experience in a commercial company and professional accounting firm with knowledge of US and International tax
- Proven ability to be an effective and credible business partner
- A global perspective, with sensitivity to diverse cultures
- Strong communication and business partnering skills
- Experience with SAP
This international consumer goods brand needs no introduction. They are market leaders in their field of expertise and have an outstanding international reputation. The culture is fast-paced and demanding but the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a driven, hands on tax professional who is keen to take your career forward in a progressive organisation, this Senior Tax Manager, Planning (APAC) is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104187 Cheryl-Ann Szetoh