Financial Reporting (Contract)
Salary SGD4500 - SGD5500 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Sabrina Yap (R1879576)
Date posted 10 June 20192019-06-13 2019-07-10 accountancy Singapore SG SGD 4500 5500 5500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-established and global investment bank and financial services firm is looking for a junior Financial Reporting / Accountant to join their team for an 8-month contract. There will be potential for extension or conversion but will be dependent on the opportunity at the end of the assignment.
About the Financial Reporting Role:
As a part of the investment management finance team for Asia, the Financial Reporting (Contract) will be mainly responsible for the regional business performance reports, touching on everything from management reporting to general monthly reporting, as well as along with other ad hoc requirements such as projects and regulatory reporting.
- Perform monthly and quarterly revenue/expense reporting to the business unit in Asia for IM public markets business
- Provide weekly and monthly sales team performance reports to business unit – information mainly includes asset under management (“AUM”), client flows and net proxy revenue
- Prepare month-end reconciliations and sign off on Revenue/ Expense / Balance Sheet
- Perform and review global accounting functions including posting monthly journal entries to the general ledger and checking of accruals
- Track and monitor the receipt and payment of fees to outstanding ageing receivable and payable balances
- Provide review, control and maintenance of accounts/cost centres associated to entities
- Liaise with other functional areas of Finance and other divisions e.g. Tax, Legal and Entity Controllers to facilitate local business operation and ensure proper P&L booking / reporting
- Assist in various regulatory reporting requirements as requested by Compliance, Auditors and different government agencies
- Coordinate with global counterparts and other controllers on business developments and initiatives
- Interface with business unit and infrastructure team to address ad hoc requests and analyses
- Assist with and drive projects e.g. testing on new system roll-outs, functionality enhancements and automation of various reports, etc
A talented and established Financial Reporting will have strong attention to details, willing to take on new challenges and be able to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- At least three years' working experience in a similar role desirable
- Good management reporting and financial accounting skillset. Knowledge/experience in the asset management business an added advantage
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Experience producing reports in Powerpoint preferred
- Ability to quickly grasp new technology and tools
- Good analytical and numerical abilities, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident and comfortable communicating at all levels of staff within the firm, in a clear and succinct manner
- Ability to see things through from start to completion and provide good quality assurance for deliverables
- Adaptable and good team spirit
The Investment Management team in Singapore comprises itself with several individual product groups including: equity, fixed income, liquidity, managed futures, and alternative investment products.
If you are keen on learning more about the opportunity, please apply now.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1879576 Sabrina Yap