Internal Audit Director
Salary SGD144000 - SGD168000 per annum + Attractive variable bonus
Consultant Zen Soh (R1439138)
Date posted 13 September 2018 2018-09-132018-11-12 accountancy 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Internal Audit Director job has just been made available at an industry-leading global aviation company based in Singapore.
About the Internal Audit Director Role:
As the Internal Audit Director, you will be part of the corporate team reporting to the Head of Internal Audit. You will lead, plan and oversee audit execution in the area of strategic, financial, operational, and IT audits and other special requests to maximise effectiveness and efficiency in delivery.
- Promote thought leadership for new ideas and implementing new ways of executing projects / performing audits and infrastructure enhancements to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of internal audit services and to ensure long-term sustainability
- Participate in activities related to systems development, new products, mergers and acquisitions, new processes, and analyse new policies to ensure that control considerations are evaluated in the early stages of the project
- Partner with internal teams to identify key risk and control indicators and to develop metrics that will support risk assessments, continuous auditing, and fraud risk monitoring objectives
- Enabler role in helping key stakeholders understand analytics, via distilling complex risk issues into simple and easy-to-understand key messages using data visualisation to enhance understanding of risk themes and trends
- Drive and implement transformation projects via pilot projects, proof-of concepts and build prototypes, especially in the area of continuous / predictive auditing, fraud risk assessment and data analytics
To succeed in this Internal Audit Director role, you should have experience in driving and successful implementation of internal audit or finance-related transformation projects. You must have strong skills and experience in analytical frameworks and good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- A degree in business, accounting, computer science, management information systems, or other quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Decisions Sciences, Engineering, Economics, etc.)
- At least 15 years' information systems audit / audit experience, preferably in global, public or professional services
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CIA, CCSA, CPA, CFE or other relevant professional certification highly desirable
- Experience in driving and successful implementation of internal audit or finance-related transformation projects is highly desirable
- Excellent supervisory and time management skills
- Extensive experience in evaluating risks and system controls associated with complex business applications and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and business partnering skills and ability to influence and engage effectively with different level of personnel, including senior management and board of directors
- Excellent oral /written communication skills with ability to articulate risk and explain complex issues in non-technical jargon to obtain buy-in on recommendations, and credible / convincing both in terms of personal style and subject matter expertise
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with demonstrated experience in project management
- Self-motivated, proactive and responsive
- Leadership qualities, ability to work independently and capable of identifying and resolving issues while at the same time functioning as a catalyst to business units
- Proficiency with data visualisation tools such as Tableau and Qlikview will be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute IT audits focusing on general computer controls, including Information Security, Information System Operations, Vendor Management, Business Continuity, Networks, Database, System Software, Hardware, and Application Development controls
- Proven ability and experience in applying data analytics / advanced data analytics techniques such as predictive analytics, textual analytics, clustering, neural network or other advanced techniques to the risks, regulatory and compliance, fraud control management, forensics or audit functions of an organisation
- Strong skills and experience with analytical frameworks and languages such as SQL, SAS, R, SPARK, Python, Hive and other Hadoop-based languages, and understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms will be advantageous
This market leader in the aviation industry is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support its growth and this role will be crucial for the company.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Internal Audit Director position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439138 Su Zhenwei