Internal Audit Associate
Salary SGD54000 - SGD66000 per annum
Consultant Zen Soh (R1439138)
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-11-11 accountancy 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Internal Audit Associate job has just been made available at a Fortune 500 firm based in Singapore.
About the Internal Audit Associate Role:
You will be part of the Global Internal Audit department in Asia. This is an opportunity for an ambitious, highly motivated individual to be part of a dynamic team that is committed to assisting the firm in achieving its vision and objectives. Working closely with senior management across the globe, you will gain international exposure that will broaden your professional skills in a rewarding and challenging environment.
- Assist with all areas of audit engagement planning, including but not limited to preparing advance requests, analysing and reviewing information, identification and analysis of risks and related critical processes, developing work programs and control self-assessments and other assigned planning activities
- Perform audit fieldwork for assigned areas such as interviewing management and staff to understand key processes, preparing detailed flowcharts and control evaluation templates, executing work program procedures and testing key controls, verifying findings and documenting work performed in work papers
- Prepare and communicate audit findings to management, including recommendations for improvement and the sharing of best practices
- Perform SOX evaluations by performing activities such as preparing advance requests, understanding and documenting processes via walkthroughs, testing of key controls, evaluating controls to determine compliance, communicating and documenting deficiencies via action plans and closing meetings, and documenting work performed in work papers
- Participate in special advisory projects to assist management with achieving their objectives.
- Participate in the quarterly revenue recognition assistance program to help the external auditors complete quarterly reviews timely while reducing overall costs to the Firm
- Support the department’s data analytics efforts by performing data gathering, analysis and reporting of results in key areas to audit department and internal clients
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the Global Internal Audit department
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with peers and internal colleagues
To succeed in this Internal Audit Associate role, you need to be resilient, passionate and able to work in a dynamic fast paced multicultural environment.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related business field
- CPA, CA, CIA or CISA is preferred
- Two or three years' internal/external audit experience with working knowledge of internal audit methodologies and US GAAP with strong emphasis on financial and business risk and an aptitude for performing process analysis
- Understanding of revenue recognition requirements and criteria as required under ASC606
- Experience with IT general and application controls preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to adapt and embrace multicultural diversity and ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills with disciplined approach to details and the ability to see the big picture
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethics
- Ability to travel 30-40% across Asia
- Second language preferred and international business experience are a plus
- Real estate experience or real estate transaction experience a plus
- Proficiency with Excel, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Visio, ACL or other data analytics tool preferred
This global Fortune 500 firm is a leader in its industry is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Internal Audit Associate position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and dynamic working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439138 Su Zhenwei