Internal Controls Manager
Consultant Ellen Bedlow (R1113030)
Date posted 21 November 2016
An exciting Internal Controls Manager job has arisen at a global leading organisation based Singapore. Due to an internal promotion, they are looking to appoint a new Internal Controls Manager to manage this function for the company's Asia Pacific region.
About the Internal Controls Manager Role:
This is an individual contributor role, but you will work as part of a global team, where you will interact/work closely with your counterparts across the other regions, to ensure global functional alignment.
Internal Control and Protection of Assets
- Ensure the highest standards of transparency, compliance, and fiduciary responsibility are the foundation of the finance and general company culture, regularly communicated, and people held accountable for upholding these standards
- Ensure that robust and detailed internal control procedures over assets and operations are implemented and followed, including proper segregation of duties
- Ensure that assets are properly accounted for and safeguarded from loss
- Control commitments as per CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) procedures and authorisations
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures and ensure compliance
- Ensure complete and timely follow up of internal audit recommendations and external audit management letter comments
- Ensure reliability and integrity of financial statements and reports to ensure compliance with established company policies, generally accepted accounting principles, and local regulations and laws
- Provide support in the preparation and finalisation of statutory accounts in coordination with external auditors
Optimise Finance Functions
- Whilst ensuring compliance with policies and guidelines, ensure optimal utilisation of resources at best cost
- Recommend, implement, and manage improvements and cost reduction programs
- Keep management promptly and completely informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance, and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management
To succeed in this role, you will need to be capable of making sound, well-reasoned judgements rooted in the highest standards of ethics, transparency, and good governance.
- Degree in Finance and Administration from a reputable academic institution
- With minimum 5 years of working experience
- Internal Control/Internal Audit/External Audit background is preferred
- Candidates holding CPA/CIA and or Audit background is highly advantageous
- Highly analytic and problem solving skills
- Good command of MS Office and Excel
- Knowledge of Hyperion financial software preferred but not essential
- Executive presence, ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees
As a global leader in their field, they offer exciting opportunities in different areas around the world. They keen for talented and enthusiastic people and those who want to realise their professional ambitions while delivering the highest levels of expertise. They have a unique and compelling culture and their employees feel a genuine respect for one another, act with uncompromising integrity and feel proud of their global market leadership. They value working together, embrace opportunities for continuous learning and have an intense desire to serve customers.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge and wish to be part of a leading global organisation, then please apply with your updated CV today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1113030 Ellen Bedlow