Regional Internal Controls and Compliance Manager
Salary SGD120000 - SGD160000 per annum + Benefits
Consultant Amritpal Singh (R1331067)
Date posted 21 November 2016
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a strong Regional Internal Controls and Compliance Manager to take on a new role with a global speciality chemicals leader and assist with creating the function in Singapore.
About the Regional Internal Controls and Compliance Manager Role:
In this role, you will lead and develop an Internal Control and Compliance Department and formulate departmental goals and objectives.
- Drive the business to ensure effective financial and operational internal controls are in place and operating effectively
- Ensure all entities are complying with the internal control requirements by performing testing and reviews
- Review audit reports with key stakeholders to develop responses and proper remediation action plans
- Ensure developed action plans are sustainable, complied with in a timely manner and execute on a timely basis
- Drive all internal control remediation efforts within the region by collaborating with the business and ensuring remediation actions are effective and efficient and are executed in a timely manner
- Effectively partner with the business to identify risk
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across the region related common control issues resulting in designing training and common remediation efforts
- Report to management status updates of control environment, action plans, etc
To succeed as the Regional Internal Controls and Compliance Manager, you will need to have an entrepreneurial mindset coupled with strong business acumen.
- Graduate in business/finance/accounting or related field
- Preferably CA/CPA and CIA/CISA/CWA certified
- Eight years’ professional experience in the fields of internal audit
- Experience in Big 4 firms and a similar role in progressive MNCs will have an added advantage
- Strong exposure to internal controls systems, SOX, COSO framework, corporate governance and policy, process and systems improvement projects
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Strong knowledge of the chemicals industry is a plus
The company is a speciality chemicals leader based in USA with an extensive network throughout Asia. With revenues growing at more than 10% per annum, the firm is poised to do well in the future.
If you are driven and looking to take the next step in your career, this is the right role for you. Career progression opportunities are outstanding for the right candidate.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1331067 Amritpal Singh