Accountant - Consolidation
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Laura Ojinaga (R1981162)
Date posted 10 October 20192019-10-10 2019-12-09 accountancy Singapore SG SGD 5000 7000 7000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent Accountant - Consolidation job has just become available at one of the largest shipping companies in the region.
About the Accountant - Consolidation Role:
As the Accountant - Consolidation, you will be responsible for consolidating all the subsidiary accounts into one company's financials. You will prepare consolidated financial reports for the board or executive leadership team (ELT) and other finance teams (management reporting/treasury, etc.) and also support the finance leadership team (FLT) in the preparation of accounting issues.
- Prepare consolidated financial reports for the board or ELT
- Ensure timely and quality closure of financial books and consolidation at period end in accordance with corporate requirements and propose any continuous improvement measures to optimise the process
- Provide guidance to the regional finance team members on accounting issues in accordance with GAAP, IFRS, AET policies and procedures
- Manage the opening and closing of the groups accounts and propose any continuous improvement measures to optimise the process
- Perform monthly group consolidation and year end group consolidation and propose any continuous improvement measures to optimise the process
- Support FLT in the preparation of impairment and onerous contract review, accounting standards and loan covenants
To succeed in this role you should have strong analytical skills, be knowledgeable in general accounting in a changing industry and have consolidation experience at the group level.
- Degree in accountancy, ACCA or CFA/ICAEW/ICPA
- Minimum of three to five years' related experience in general accounting and group consolidation
- Good knowledge of group consolidation and group accounting
- Work experience and strong knowledge of Advanced Excel (pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
The successful Accountant - Consolidation will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are a talented and focused accounting professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Please apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1981162 Laura Ojinaga