Group Financial Reporting Manager
Consultant Dominic Salomoni (R1222603)
Date posted 26 January 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Group Financial Reporting Manager job has just become available at a leading education group as a result of growth. You will be joining the finance team based in Singapore.
About the Group Financial Reporting Manager Role:
You will be reporting to the Group FD, the role will be varied, interesting and will contain a strong technical element which is both intellectually stimulating and challenging on a day-to-day basis. You will also be working with a highly talented team.
- Chair the monthly accounting closing meeting
- Produce monthly group consolidation worksheet, reports and analysis, and present these to Executive Committee on a periodic basis
- Draft monthly CFO report
- Review HQ (China and non-China) monthly expense analysis
- Research and comment on significant accounting treatments for International Schools, liaison with external auditor for their comments
- Other ad-hoc accounting/reporting matters
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepare group consolidated full year forecast and compare to budget, provide scenario forecasting to CFO
- Prepare baseline budget prepared by Financial Analysts for existing schools and key assumptions, for the purpose of next year
- Lead the Coordination with schools and CFO for budgeting process
- Review group consolidated budget prepared by Financial Analysts for next year
- Prepare for financial information requested by external investors upon the request of CFO
- Other ad-hoc assignments by CFO
- Responsible for auditors’ selection and periodic review
- Liaison with external auditors for group audit planning and fee negotiation
- Liaison with external auditors for school’s/entity’s statutory audit planning and fee negotiation
- Set timeline/requirements for schools/entities to coordinate with external auditors and monitor the entire auditing process
- Discuss and resolve audit and accounting issues/findings with external auditors, for both group and statutory audits
- Review draft group consolidation audit reports and statutory audit reports for each school/entity
- Review and discuss with external auditors for management improvement letter points, if any
- Communicate with each FM and bursar for findings and improvements for their respective statutory audits
To succeed in this Group Financial Reporting Manager job, you will need to possess 7 to 10 years' experience in audit function within a Big 4 accounting firm as well as a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance.
- Technical expert in IFRS and PRC GAAP Knowledge of ERP with the ability to make the required level of decision making and judgement. PRC GAAP is required.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the drive to find a way of achieving a solution/desired result
- Diligent with the ability to work under pressure to meet senior management’s requirements
- Demonstrable experience of understanding/interpreting data and identifying anomalies
- Strong analytical skills and an attention for detail
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills of accounting principles to a new environment
- Demonstrable experience of working with shades of grey
- Demonstrable experience of identifying where processes can be improved and developing appropriate solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English to communicate effectively with your counterparts
- Chinese Language skills required as you will be working with China
- The role will suit a Senior Manager (Audit, Transaction Services, Technical function) currently working in a Big 4 firm who is looking to move in to a commercial organisation
- Education experience is highly desirable
- Alternatively Professional or Business Services will also be well considered
This leading education group has a high-profile brand and is highly respected within the education industry globally.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1222603 Dominic Salomoni