Salary SGD100000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Alex Martin (R1871250)
Date posted 21 October 20192019-10-22 2019-12-20 insurance Singapore SG SGD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An FP&A Manager job opportunity has opened up at a leading insurance MNC following an internal promotion of the incumbent. This is an urgent hire.
About the FP&A Manager Role:
Reporting to the CFO with a dotted line to the FP&A Controller, you will be providing support to the organisation through world-class financial modelling, planning and reporting.
- Develop long-term and near-term financial plans, partnering with relevant functional areas to articulate business priorities and financial plans to execute against those priorities. Maintain an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives
- Implement KPI and dashboard reporting suites and provide insightful analysis for management
- Prepare financial modelling and financial analysis for various ad hoc financial projects
- Proactively identify and suggest improvements to general policy, procedures and systems to increase the effectiveness of the MI reporting, financial planning and analysis functions
- Ensure all activities related to the finance function comply with relevant regulations and internal policies
- Complete a continuing professional education to meet professional requirements as appropriate
- Ensure training and knowledge is up-to-date. This includes but is not limited to general insurance accounting, capital management regime, Australian GAAP and IFRS, actuarial reserving, reinsurance
- Ensure compliance with the group head office reporting deadlines/time frames. Assist and support finance teams across the region as appropriate to this end
- Build rapport with finance teams across the region to enable appropriate consistency of processes and encourage the sharing and adopting of best practices
- Articulate analysis and commentary on business performance and financial reports to the senior management on business requirements
- Prepare regular reports, recommendations, and interpretations to the leadership group based on financial and operating data and variances in the budget
- Maintain and refine models for better and timely financial forecasting and maintain clear audit trails on work performed
To succeed in this role, you must be a highly experienced professional from the insurance industry, looking for an opportunity to support the growth and success of an organisation through excellent financial planning and management and collaboration with the business in the development and implementation of company strategies.
- At least 10 years’ experience in an accounting/planning and analysis role
- MI system implementation preferred
- Exposure to insurance business and regional role
- Professional accounting qualification (CA or CPA)
- Solid knowledge of MI and planning processes and systems
- Knowledge of industry best practices in finance and accounting, internal controls and procedures
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact at a senior management level
- Clear potential in leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Team player
This leading insurance group is one of the largest insurers in the world. This organisation couples an impressive history and track record as one of the oldest insurers in Singapore, while also leading the way in best industry practices and products,
If you are analytical, commercial, and passionate about taking accountability for business performance and planning in a global insurance firm, this FP&A Manager role is for you.
Apply today to learn more.