Financial Controller APAC
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Laura Ojinaga (R1981162)
Date posted 28 July 20192019-07-28 2019-09-26 fmcg Singapore Singapore SG SGD 140000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading FMCG company is recruiting a Financial Controller APAC to join the regional HQ in Singapore and head up the finance department to ensure smooth accounting operations. In this job, you will manage stakeholder to drive the business forward.
About the Financial Controller APAC Role:
Reporting to the Global Finance Director, you will lead a team of seven to eight and be a key part of the management team. You will lead and advise strategic initiatives with regards to pricing, market penetration, and costing management, while ensuring excellent quality reporting in compliance with US GAAP. The role requires a knowledgeable and meticulous finance professional, with willingness to be hands on and ability to lead a team.
- Finance business partner driving profitability and identifying opportunities for business growth and cost savings - responsible for the forecasting, budgeting and planning for Asia and pricing strategies
- Oversee and manage tax and government compliance across Asia and review legal contract with customers and vendors
- Drive compliance with latest accounting standards across all branches/subsidiary with local GAAP - coordinate and manage the transfer pricing compliance across Singapore/HK entities
- Lead accounting functions such as financial reporting, consolidation, tax and treasury - oversee the monthly accounting process for Singapore/India/HK/Japan and Taiwan to ensure compliance with US GAAP and aligned with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles - including the consolidation process
- Manage controllership and FP&A teams in Singapore - continuously drive process efficiencies and system improvements - guide, develop and mentor the finance team
- To be successful in this role you need to have experience in retail/FMCG and good stakeholder management capabilities
- CPA/CA qualified with degree in accountancy/ACCA or higher
- At least 15 years of combined experience in accounting controllership and financial planning, analysis and business partnering
- Experience in FMCG/retail is key with US GAAP knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
- Willingness to be hands on and ability to lead a small team.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1981162 Laura Ojinaga