Finance Business Partner
Salary SGD78000 - SGD91000 per annum
Consultant Zen Soh (R1439138)
Date posted 21 December 2018 2018-12-212019-02-19 accountancy Singapore SG SGD 78000 91000 91000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Finance Business Partner job has just arisen at a well-established Engineering firm based in Singapore. Reporting to the Senior Finance Busineee Parnter, you will be responsible for the ASEAN businesses.
About the Finance Business Partner Role:
In this business-critical role, you will take the lead in the performance of projects, clients and market segments and provide advice to the relevant managers to help improve performance.
- Work with management to identify areas of working capital requiring focus and proactively work with stakeholders to resolve issues surrounding WIP and debt
- Provide commercial advice to bid leaders, including strategic pricing suggestions, calculating rates and profitability of opportunities, advising on payment terms in the contract and any relevant considerations (tax, contracting entity etc.)
- Provide advice throughout the lifecycle of a project, including advising on the set-up of the Work Breakdown Structure, and reviewing cost to complete calculations and earned value
- Work in connection with the delivery advisory champions to provide advice to help improve the financial performance of projects within the business line
- Annual tax compliance for the calculation of project revenue for the income tax return
- Analyse the monthly management accounts for the business line, including detailed variance analysis against plan and forecast, highlighting key insights of the financial performance, particularly at a gross profit level, to support the decision-making process
- Working with Section Managers to prepare the annual financial plans and quarterly forecasts, providing sufficient challenge to ensure the plan/forecast Key Performance Indicators are challenging yet realistic and achievable
- Assist the business in understanding their likely future business performance based on actual results and historical trends
- Assist the business with ad-hoc queries relating to project or business line financial matters
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the business line management team
- Constantly identifies areas of improvement in the business and finance processes and deliver related ad-hoc projects
To succeed in the Finance Business Partner role, you need to have prior Big 4 experience and recent 3 years in a FP&A role.
- Degree in Accountancy, CPA/ ACCA
- At least three years' FP&A experience
- Candidates with audit experience and at least two years' relevant industry and business partnering experience highly preferred
- Exhibits the core competencies of a true Finance Business Partner
- Experience working with cross-border teams and obtaining cooperation without direct lines of reporting
- Significant knowledge and experience in tax legislation, accounting standards and compliance issues
- Strong written and verbal communication and time-management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work in Jurong East
This is an established brand and is a leader in their field of expertise. The pace is fast and demanding but if you are a confident and have a can-do attitude, the rewards are significant.
If you are seeking for a strong finance business partnering role, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. The firm also promotes good work life balance and is a high visibility role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439138 Su Zhenwei