Consultant Ellen Bedlow (R1113030)
Date posted 03 January 2017
An attractive, commercially focused Financial Analyst role has arisen with a leading consumer goods company. The name behind many well known and loved brands, this is a highly profitable and successful business.
About the Financial Analyst Role:
The main purpose of the Financial Analyst is to support the Finance Manager with commercial financial analysis and reporting requirements. As such, adding value and provide insights to management on a regular basis. You will also assist various stakeholders in creating value to the reports generated and identifying key areas of focus.
- Challenge and drive improvements in processes and control
- Play an influential role in promoting financial impact and awareness within the business
- Analyse monthly regional variances and identify opportunities to simplify the forecasting/budget process, and implement such changes
- Assist in the monthly management reporting and preparation of balance of year tracker for monthly financial forecast
- Support the Finance Manager with the preparation of budget, forecast and 3 year strategic plan
- Support Finance Manager in the alignment of monthly financial sales forecast, demand planning and highlight on any key variances
- Ad-hoc reporting & analysis work requests from various stakeholders
- Comparing the selling cost and brand investment actuals vs forecast / budget before month end and ensure that accruals are properly captured and provide analysis
- Preparation of daily sales flash report and comparative with the sales orders to date, and provide top line commentaries
- Update of pricing into SAP system and ensure that pricing in SAP matches with the annual price increase exercise
- Monitor P&L by customer / market performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Support the commercial team with payments from customers as well as payments for A&P
- Management of invoicing & purchase order processes
- Support the commercial team with credit limit review process
- Preparation of journal entry templates based on accruals of selling cost and brand investment
This position calls for an individual with adaptability, a positive outlook, and a willingness to learn. There will be lots of interaction with sales and marketing colleagues, therefore someone who communicates well and with confidence is paramount.
- A finance and accounting professional with around three years of experience
- Must have financial analysis and business partnering / stakeholder management experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- SAP experience is beneficial, but not essential
This role offers complexity in terms of analysing different markets as well as products/brands. There will be the need for this person to drive processes throughout the region, and there will be a lot of room for growth, as the Director is someone who advocates career development.
If this role excites you and is in line with your desired career, please apply today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1113030 Ellen Bedlow