Regional Financial Controller
Salary Variable bonus
Consultant Dominic Salomoni (R1222603)
Date posted 07 March 2019 2019-03-072019-05-06 media Singapore SG SGD 140000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
Recognised as leader in their field, this US based media group operates across global markets. They boast an enviable portfolio of iconic brands and they are looking to hire a Regional Financial Controller for Asia Pacific which includes SEA, ANZ, Japan and Greater China.
About the Regional Financial Controller Role:
Based in Singapore, the Regional Financial Controller will be responsible for the integrity of financial and management reporting and the overall controls in all business processes. Leading a regional and remote based team, you will recruit, retain & develop a small team of talented individuals who work as part of the controller organisation. You will also act as business partner to the CFO to guide and advise the cluster on accounting and control related matters and support commercial decision making as required.
- Ensure all financial and management reporting for the APAC Cluster is timely, accurate, reliable and supported by qualitative analysis
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes and liaise with the International Controller
- Provide monthly/quarterly reporting through standardised balance sheet reviews, quality of earnings and supplementary schedules
- Ensure all significant transactions are reviewed for appropriate accounting treatment and paper accounting memo's for complex/material accounting transactions
- Lead the overall ASIA statutory and local tax filing/audit process and ensure all other regions local tax and statutory filings/audits are completed and filed timely
- Lead monthly/quarterly close meetings with the International Controller
- Responsible for the regional management representation letter process
- Provide insightful reporting and analysis for key areas such as programming, A/R, and significant judgemental accruals (e.g. Participation's & Residuals)
- Work with APAC CFO and FP&A to ensure forecast reflects appropriate, timely and accurate legal entity treatment for accounting issues/matters
- Ensure understanding and compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Maintain strong control environment, anticipate risks, and strive to have all passed audit ratings
- Support the roll out of the Global Compliance and Business Process Control Framework
- Ensure compliance with Non-Negotiables and Delegation of Authority (DOA)
- Develop and execute a set of key reporting control items for ASIA Cluster Senior Management
- Work with Internal Audit to coordinate audits and timely resolution of Internal Audit points
- Ensure proper structure and adequate resources for control organisation throughout the APAC Cluster
- Build highly collaborative teams
- Maintain strong relationships with US based Controller's Organisation and Global Business Shared Service Centre
- Maintain relationships with other departments to ensure financial impact of potential risks and opportunities is appropriately addressed
- Work as a business partner to evaluate / improve finance and business processes
To succeed in the role, you must have a high degree of emotional intelligence coupled with the ability to influence at a senior stake -holder level and act as a commercial business partner.
- A Big 4 (ideally) qualified accountant (CA/CPA) who is both technically strong and commercially aware. Exposure to US GAAP and/or revenue recognition standards will be advantageous
- 10-15+ years financial control, risk management & compliance experience gained within a global cross- matrix environment. Media sector experience will be viewed favourably
- Asia / Asia-Pacific regional reporting experience is a pre-requisite, ideally with exposure to Australian reporting standards
- Proven capabilities leading, managing and retaining remote teams across the region
- A pro-active and independent approach combined the willingness to work in a hands-on environment when required
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities are key
This company is one of the top names in its niche market. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
This role will suit candidates on the growth curve in their career looking for their next opportunity. Alternatively, you may be working in a similar role and looking for a new opportunity within a different organisation.
Please apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1222603 Dominic Salomoni