SEA Financial Controller
Salary SGD156000 - SGD160000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Cheryl-Ann Szetoh Yuen Wann (R1104187)
Date posted 01 August 2018 2018-08-012018-09-30 accountancy 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting SEA Financial Controller job has just arisen at a world-class organisation. Based in Singapore, this role will be reporting to the CFO.
About the SEA Financial Controller role:
This position is to manage all finance and accounting functions in the company. This is a business-critical role that has ownership over preparing, presenting and explaining all financial information, as well as partnering with key stakeholders across the business.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information to management team and corporate to support strategic decision-making process
- Safeguard the company assets and ensure integrity of the financial processes and reporting by implementing appropriate internal controls within the company
- Perform project evaluation for existing and new businesses, feasibility studies
- Manage the upkeep of corporate governance standards and measures and ensuring compliance to statutory requirements
- Manage treasury, credit controls and cash management to maximise liquidity for daily operational requirements
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and government authorities on auditing
- Responsible for all tax-related issues and liaise with tax authority with all the tax declaration affairs
- Engage with operational business leaders to deliver commercial and strategic advice
- Identify and streamline finance processes, ERP system and further software integration
- Monitor working capital, set targets / KPI for receivables and payables
- Oversee and provide service and support to others Brands of the Group
- Review and authorise the payroll process
- Manage a team of finance staff to ensure the accuracy of their work, the achievement of deadlines and quality of their work environment
- Build up and manage the finance and accounting team through identifying and developing capable employees by different way of coaching and training
To succeed in this SEA Financial Controller role, you will need to be a strong leader and support an aggressive corporate strategy.
- Big 4 training and qualified accountant with minimum 10 years’ post-qualification experience within a multinational environment, preferably in luxury goods, FMCG, trading or retail sector
- An exceptionally strong technical background with exposure in a compliance role
- Strong analytical and numeric skills with budgeting, forecasting and planning exposure
- Mature with effective leadership skills with drive, innovation and strong sense of commitment and adaptive to change;
- Hands-on approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage competing demands and prioritise initiatives in a fluid and dynamic sometimes ambiguous environment
- Good team player with proven ability to partner with business leaders
- Strong computer skills with experience on ERP (JD Edwards, SAP and Hyperion a plus)
This is a leading brand in the industry and needs no introduction. It is a market leader and has strong growth plans in South East Asia.
If you are able to work in a fast-paced and competitive environment, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this SEA Financial Controller role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104187 Cheryl-Ann Szetoh