Salary SGD120000 - SGD138000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Cheryl-Ann Szetoh Yuen Wann (R1104187)
Date posted 27 June 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A challenging Controller job has just become available at a fast-growing business. Based in Singapore, this role will sit at the investment holding level and report to the CFO.
About the Controller role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for direction and administration of all financial operations of the company.
- Financial Reporting (60%)
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting
- Maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with IFRS and other laws / regulations
- Serve as the key technical accounting resource for the group
- Preparation of quarterly and annual group consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS for SEC reporting
- Review of consolidation and other key workings prepared by Assistant Controller
- Quarterly and annual coordination with local controllers / accounting team members across subsidiaries and associates to ensure that financial policies are consistently applied across the group and that reporting timelines are met
- Preparation of key calculations / assessments including investment schedules, impairments and valuations
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) (20%)
- Overall responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of systems and processes to ensure full compliance with SOX regulations at the The company group level
- Involvement in and review of SOX processes at relevant investment companies
- Management of SOX audit process
- Audit (10%)
- Be the main operational contact for the quarterly and annual group audits
- Work with auditors to plan and execute efficient audits
- Prepare (with help from Accountant) all relevant audit documentation
- Other (10%) - Management of Assistant Controller:
- Discussing career objectives and setting plans to achieve those objectives
- Ongoing review of key work
- Regular assessment of performance
- Tax planning and strategy
- Review of Treasury transactions
To succeed in this Controller role, you will need to technically sound and detail-oriented.
- Professional accounting qualification, CPA or equivalent
- Minimum of five years' relevant experience (multinational or Big 4 accounting firm)
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience preparing complicated consolidations
- Strong Excel user
- Experience working in a publicly-listed company (ideally US-listed)
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulation
- Problem solver
- Likes to work in a small team and can also work independently
This is a growth-oriented business with holdings at different stages of development with the goal of maximising value. This business is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
If you are a driven and determined individual who can thrive in a diverse portfolio of businesses, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104187 Cheryl-Ann Szetoh