Regional Financial Controller
Salary SGD130000 - SGD160000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Amritpal Singh (R1331067)
Date posted 22 February 2017
A US based chemicals company is looking to hire a Regional Financial Controller for the Singapore office to assist the Group CFO in managing the Asia businesses. The Group CFO is based in Singapore due to the company's significant exposure to Asia.
About the Regional Financial Controller Role:
This role will assist the Global Controller in driving the controllership agenda in the organisation. The role will be actively involved in strategic business steering, various ad-hoc projects and new business initiatives.
- Provide pro-active support to the regional business team
- Develop, monitor and drive controlling initiatives to improve finance delivery
- Develop a process and provide support to business in constructing plans for periodic forecasts, annual budgeting, business and strategic forecasts
- Improve forecasting capabilities at all levels of the organisation
- Establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes impacting the financial statements, including closing, reporting and analysis
- Track progress on key regional and country opportunities and projects
- Work with relevant teams in driving productivity projects for continuous improvements in financial tools and processes
- Participate in M&A activities in finance capacity
- Participate in IT projects in finance capacity
- Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned
To succeed in this Regional Financial Controller role, you must be comfortable in working in a less structured environment.
- A good degree in finance/accounting or related field
- CPA designation preferred, MBA advantageous
- Minimum five years’ relevant experience in a similar role in progressive MNCs
- Experience in chemicals industry advantageous
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Experience with BI, data warehouse applications and ERP essential
- Willing to travel within the region
This is a speciality chemicals company with a strong presence in Asia with more than $1bn in revenues globally. The entity is privately held.
If you are keen to work within the global finance team, apply here today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1331067 Amritpal Singh