Salary SGD65000 - SGD78000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Zen Soh (R1439138)
Date posted 01 October 20192019-10-01 2019-11-30 accountancy Singapore SG SGD 65000 78000 78000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A great opportunity has just become available as a Senior Accountant at an established, NYSE-listed industrial company based in Singapore.
About the Senior Accountant Role:
Reporting directly to the APAC Finance Director, you will be in charge of the general ledger section for the Singapore office. You will need to be familiar with statutory compliance reporting, standard concepts, practices and procedures within the accounting field.
- Engage in broad-based analysis and studies related to the business activities and ensure that finance policies and proper accounting rules are being followed consistently
- Financial reporting along with maintaining detailed schedules (Hyperion/HFM/HP)
- Prepare, review and analyse revenue recognition, project/job costing and other expenditure
- Assist in the monthly outlook forecast and annual budgeting process
- Liaison and attend to all financial operations, treasury, audit and corporate and other tax issues for the business unit
- Ensure compliance with local statutory reporting, set internal controls and ensure compliance with corporate and local policies, procedures and regulations including compliance to SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
- Analyse operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole unit, and determine their financial impact
- Design and carry out processes to provide the business unit with the right information to set goals, make decisions and monitor performance
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met and that the new reporting requirements are adopted
- Manage fixed assets and be involved in annual physical stock take
- Perform any other work-related functions as deemed necessary and appropriate by immediate supervisor
To succeed in this Senior Accountant role, you should have a strong track record in financial accounting, familiar with U.S. GAAP, taxation matters and worked in a U.S. MNC.
- Minimum of three years' relevant working experience with one to two years of audit background. Preferably with experience working in an MNC environment with project accounting knowledge, and commercial and contract knowledge
- Diploma in accounting/finance, hands-on experience in SAP/QuickBooks and Hyperion (HFM / HP) preferred
- Proficiency in company tax, GST and MES audits with in-depth knowledge of local statutory and regulatory requirements, U.S. GAAP
- Understanding of foreign exchange risk management and instruments, cash flow management and forecasting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and confidence to deal with colleagues of all departments at varied levels
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in fast-paced and complex environment
- Diligent and proactive with willingness to learn
- Willingness to perform ad hoc tasks as assigned
This Industrial company is highly-focused on onboarding the right talent to support their growth and this role will be crucial for them.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Senior Accountant position is the role for you. You will be part of a positive and committed working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439138 Su Zhenwei