Senior Accountant (US GAAP), 1 year renewable contract, Jurong
Consultant Irina Kotenko (R1660884)
Date posted 08 March 2019 2019-03-082019-04-06 accountancy singapore SG SGD 6000 7100 7100 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Accountant (US GAAP) job is available in a top MNC specialised in equipment. This is a 1 year renewable contract role.
About the Accountant (US GAAP) role:
In this business critical role you are responsible for all accounting functions including reconciling leasing or other systems to the general ledger; mapping and setting up general ledger accounts; preparing basic reconciliations; preparing reports; researching, clearing, and communicating booking or posting errors to the appropriate parties; conducting or assisting in the documentation of accounting projects; preparing or assisting in the preparation of accounting reports and year-end activities.
- Operational team member of the Finance Hub FA, GL, Closing & external Reporting team
- Assuring the hub's continuous service provision to businesses/legal entities served
- Performs FA, GL, Closing & external reporting and Tax transactions on behalf of businesses/legal entities served by providing correct and timely FA, GL
- Closing & external Reporting and Tax services while driving operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Supports projects and ongoing improvement initiatives within GL, Closing and external Reporting as well as ongoing performance management and KPI reporting within respective area
- Perform correct and timely FA bookkeeping including additions, transfers, depreciation, processing of impairments and disposals
- Perform correct and timely GL bookkeeping as well as Closing and (external and internal) Reporting activities based on closing timelines set by Group Finance departments
- Perform ongoing and period-end GL postings; Prepare (monthly and year-end) financial statements including IFRS reporting for group consolidation purposes; Perform Tax activities including VAT and income tax handling and Tax-related documentation
- Support other Accounting-related (ad-hoc) activities (e.g. M&A support) as needed and in line with service levels outlined in service level agreements (SLAs)
To succeed in this role you have to ideally have had audit experience.
- Ability to seek out relevant information
- Ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as, statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modelling
- Knowledge of accounting distribution and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to the particular area of accounting
- SOX controls and/or project reconciliation
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
- Must demonstrate initiative, leadership, and the ability to communicate effectively
The successful Accountant will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are immediately available and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Please apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1660884 Irina Kotenko