Salary SGD8000 - SGD11000 per month
Consultant Benjamin Chong (R1871995)
Date posted 26 December 2018 2018-12-262019-01-25 banking singapore SG SGD 8000 11000 11000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Financial Accountant job based in Singapore has just been made available at a globally-renowned financial institution.
About the Financial Accountant Role:
In this business-critical role, you will work closely with the Group, Divisional and Legal Entity Finance teams, HR, Treasury and Tax to develop, implement and operate robust and efficient controls and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of people-related expenses under various GAAPs and delivery of expense management information and analyses.
- All operational aspects around accounting, control and reporting of people related expenses under various bonuses and deferred compensation plans
- Scope of coverage includes various stock and cash deferral plans awarded over a number of years, booked in various legal entities and currencies under US GAAP, IFRS, CH GAAP and local GAAP
- Month-end / quarter-end close activities
- Preparation of various reports and analyses and interaction with stakeholders
- Year-end statutory disclosures and audit
To succeed in this Financial Accountant role, you should have excellent interpersonal skills with great attention to detail.
- Minimum two years' post-qualification experience in a high-pressure, deadline-focused commercial environment or audit and assurance function
- Previous work experience in banking and finance is preferred
- Previous exposure to compensation accounting is preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Windows
- Strong technical background in accounting and management reporting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS relating to Comp Accounting
- Flexible approach to work combined with a “can do” task-oriented attitude
- A logical mind set with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the presence and ability to influence peers and seniors
- Committed and determined self-starter
- Outgoing/team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and committed
- Able to multi-task and handle queries/issues from various sources
- Good written and verbal communication skills
This is a leading financial institution that needs no introduction. The culture is demanding but if you are confident with a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven and are seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Financial Accountant job is the role for you. You will be part of a positive working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871995 Benjamin Chong