Salary SGD5000 - SGD5500 per month + Attractive benefits with bonus
Consultant Miya Toh (R1549295)
Date posted 22 November 2018 2018-11-222018-12-22 accountancy 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An excellent Group Accountant job has just arisen at one of the world's leading companies based in Singapore. Please note that this is a 24-month contract role with possibility of extension, subject to your performance.
About the Group Accountant Role:
In this business-critical role reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, you will be responsible for timely month-end, quarterly, half-yearly and full-year closing to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of finance department
- Supervision of Accounts Executive
- Ensure timely and accurate month-end, quarterly/half-yearly and full year closing to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Responsible for Group consolidation and analysis on consolidated numbers
- Review Group and subsidiaries' financial statements to ensure compliance with applicable corporate and statutory reporting requirements
- Responsible for preparation of SGX announcements and deliverables to the Board Committees
- Responsible for preparation of the Group Annual Report and co-ordinate with external auditors on issues
- Responsible for preparation of the Group budget
- Responsible for review of tax computations of the Group and its subsidiaries and co-ordinate with tax agent
- Co-ordinate and assist in the preparation of Group annual budget and forecasts
- Assist in co-ordination with external auditor, internal auditor, corporate secretary, tax agent and other consultants as and when necessary
- Establish, review and improve accounting policies and internal controls
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and corporate actions as and when necessary
To succeed in this role, you need to have prior Big 4 audit and commercial experience in an SGX-listed company.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accountancy or ACCA equivalent
- At least three to five years' working experience in group consolidation and reporting in listed companies
- Familiar with SGX and BURSA compliance requirements and corporate governance
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Prior Big 4 audit experience is preferred
- Strong analytical mind, meticulous, initiator and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
This leading semiconductor firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Group Accountant job.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1549295 Miya Toh