Salary SGD5000 - SGD6000 per month
Consultant Lilian Sim (R1439442)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A global container shipping company is seeking to hire a Senior Accountant to be a part of the team in its Singapore office. In this job, you will be working very closely with the Head of Finance and team.
About the Senior Accountant role:
In this business-critical role, you will be working closely with other senior leaders in ensuring that the finance function is able to support the growth of the organisation.
- Oversee the accounting operations of company, especially control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Recommend benchmarks to measure the performance of company operations
- Perform financial analysis
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local finance reporting requirements and tax filings
- Will be expected to travel as needed to far east agencies
To succeed in this Senior Accountant role, you will need to possess relevant accounting qualifications and have a strong interest in developing your career in a vibrant environment.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience with progressive responsibilities within a company
- Preference will be given to Certified Public Accountants
This organisation is a high-growth business with a strong international reputation and plans to develop across the globe. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Accountant role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439442 Lilian Sim