Regional Finance Manager
Salary SGD91000 - SGD117000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Zen Soh (R1439138)
Date posted 08 July 20192019-07-08 2019-09-06 accountancy Singapore SG SGD 91000 117000 117000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A newly created Regional Finance Manager job is now available at a world-leading manufacturer of solutions in industrial equipment.
About the Regional Finance Manager Role:
Based in Singapore reporting to the Managing Director, you will help maintain the financial health and compliance in the firm and its subsidiaries within the SEA region. You will connect with the team, representatives and partners.
- Responsible for consolidation of SEA regional financials and reporting in accordance with IFRS and group financial statements standards
- Responsible for review of entity reporting to ensure compliance with group accounting policies which includes balance sheet review and perform analytical review, including commentaries on material changes for review with management
- Responsible for preparation of monthly group financial reporting for the HQ in Germany and quarterly group financials for board meetings
- Assist and support country finance manager on any accounting inquiries raised and determine the appropriate accounting treatment based on International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as well as local requirements
- Provide relevant feedback on accounting impact/treatment on current accounting practice, new marketing strategy and new business venture
- Participate in the valuation of intangible assets and fair value of tangible assets and liabilities acquired and participate in policy research issues where necessary
- Identify and improve accounting processes, internal controls system and policies to enhance organisation, quality and efficiency
- Perform financial analysis and ensure timely submission of all financial and management reports
- Responsible for corporate tax computation, preparation of statutory financial statement, filling and liaise with auditors both internally and externally
- Maximise returns, and limit risk, on cash by minimising bank balances; making investments
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analysing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions
- To report non-compliance or recommend changes to procedures or working practices where improvement opportunities are recognised
To succeed in the role, you must be acquainted with the steps of accounting reporting and financial and tax systems compliance within Southeast Asia. You should be a ‘hands on’ person, comfortable with working towards HQ financial accounting objectives and with alignment towards the business environment in Southeast Asia. You will also know how to lead an organisation within the bandwidth of sensitive to demanding, how to analyse financial markets and develop these with tailored and profitable financial strategies.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance (ACCA/CPA preferred)
- Minimum eight years of relevant working experience with corporate financial reporting knowledge and practical knowledge of controlling and cost accounting
- Experience in SAP, Accpac system and MS-office
- A hands-on and independent person with good communication skills. Must be able to manage teams
- Able to adapt to multiple cultures and interact with people at all levels
- Microsoft Office (Advance in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point)
- Willing to travel within the region and international (30-40%)
The successful Regional Finance Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
If you want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Please apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439138 Su Zhenwei