Salary SGD91000 - SGD104000 per annum
Consultant Zen Soh (R1439138)
Date posted 31 May 20192019-05-31 2019-07-30 accountancy Singapore SG SGD 91000 104000 104000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Finance Manager job is now available in a Fortune 500 Real Estate firm based in Singapore.
About the Finance Manager Role:
Reporting to the Deputy Finance Director, you will be responsible or full spectrum of finance matters including financial reporting, statutory reporting and management reporting in accordance with US GAAP, FRS and Group accounting standards. You will need to support the business in budgeting/forecasting as well as liaising with external tax agents, authorities and external auditors. Business partner Singapore, regional team and lead a team across Southeast Asia.
- Manage and support the overall financial reporting and financial closing in compliance with US GAAP, FRS and Group reporting requirements, and financial analysis for various entities
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Analysis of P&L variances month-over-month, Balance Sheet reconciliation and provide advice on appropriate corrective measures and treatment
- Actively support the month-end closing activities in relation to ensure accurate and timely revenue and cost recognition. Review and highlight to business on any variance prior to monthly and annual closing
- Review with Head of Business on accrued revenue ageing, deferred revenue and costs for accurate financial reporting in conjunction with revenue team and FP&A
- Enhance internal controls and compliances according to corporate and financial policies
- Provide advisory on accounting treatments, and operationalization of contracts under the new accounting standards. Support to business units and delivery teams in their operations by providing interpretative guidance/ information on contract/ project financial management to determine the relevant requirements for contract structures setup & cost / revenue recognition per accounting standards
- Provide and implement framework, guidelines and policies in accordance with GAAP/accounting standard as well as regular updates to reflect business requirements and SOX compliance
- Prepare year-end statutory financial statements in accordance with Singapore laws and FRS
- Review statutory financial statements for SEA entities and client's account
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, risk and compliance team and take responsibility for the coordination of the audit for annual accounts; ensuring the financial statements is “clean” and represent a true and fair view
- Conduct in house training related to updates on new accounting standards and corporate policies
- Support and maintain SOX process throughout the organisation, ensuring SOX compliance and take remediation actions in a timely manner
- Review and support revenue team and business units in revenue recognition documentation and educating stakeholders on revenue recognition guidelines and relevant compliance policies
- Drive change management for efficiencies in process within Finance organisation and lead in processes improvements and systems enhancements in relation to project financial
- Undertake other projects/ assignments from time to time as assigned
To succeed in the role, you must possess strong understanding of US GAAP and SFRS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a CA or equivalent work experience
- More than 10 years' experience in accounting and audit in Big 4 and in commercial environment
- Must be proficient and have a good understanding of US GAAP and Singapore Financial reporting standards (SFRS)
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems/business enterprise system
- Experience in dealing with audits including internal and external financial and regulatory audits
- Experience in managing international subsidiaries
- Proven ability to effectively and positively interact cross-functional
- Effective time management with the ability to prioritise to ensure deadlines are met
- Highly adaptable and resilient, thriving on changes and challenges
- Display strong analytical skills
- Hands-on and a can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Must have the ability to contribute in meetings and be well versed on activities and issues within business processes
The successful Finance Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
If you want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Please apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439138 Su Zhenwei