Salary SGD8000 - SGD10000 per month
Consultant Lilian Sim (R1439442)
Date posted 12 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A global shipping/oil and gas company is seeking to hire a Finance Manager to be a part of the team in its Singapore office. In this job, you will be working very closely with the senior leadership members in the region.
About the Finance Manager Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be working closely with the finance team and other senior leaders in ensuring that the finance function is able to support the growth of the organisation.
- Work closely with the business sectors to thoroughly understand the key performance drivers, proactively challenge decisions, and ensure the business is in compliance with accounting processes
- Produce accurate and complete ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and year end financials and statutory reports of accounts as per reporting deadlines
- Ensure the fixed asset register reconciles with the physical assets
- Ensure the Balance Sheet accounts and bank accounts are reconciled and all related long outstanding issues are cleared
- Work closely with the business to give tax / finance advice on new business opportunities
- Ensure both the receivables and payables related to the intercompany billings between legal entities are accurately recorded, and the intercompany billings and recharging is performed on a timely basis
- Engage internal and external auditors to ensure smooth year-end sign-off for Group accounts as well as entity-level accounts
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies or system interface gaps and work towards eliminating these deficiencies
- Ensure all tax filings are done in a timely manner and any payments are made to tax authorities on a timely basis
- Ensure compliance of all corporate processes and relevant accounting policies
- Manage, coach and motivate staff to develop a sustainable and effective team
- Promote cohesiveness within the global teams in Group Finance
To succeed in this Finance Manager role, you will need to possess a relevant accounting qualifications and have a strong interest in developing your career in a vibrant environment.
- Professional Certification: CPA, CIMA, ACCA
- At least 3-5 years' relevant experience in a Controllership or Accounting role
- Ability to engage senior management-level stakeholders
- Experience working with a diverse team in remote locations
- Hands-on Oracle/SAP system knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good people management, leadership and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to challenge assumptions and act as a trusted financial advisor
This organisation is a high-growth business with a strong international reputation and plans to develop across the globe. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Finance Manager role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439442 Lilian Sim