APAC Credit Controller - Logistics
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Laura Ojinaga (R1981162)
Date posted 30 July 20192019-08-19 2019-09-28 accountancy Singapore Singapore SG SGD 120000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A major player in the logistics industry is looking for an APAC Credit Controller to provide regional leadership and guidance to country credit controllers, and work closely with the finance team to improve current practices and processes. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Regional CFO.
About the APAC Credit Controller - Logistics Role:
As the APAC Credit Controller - Logistics, you will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of key and regional/global accounts in APAC. You will be the main point of contact for these customers for all credit, invoice and payment related issues. As the APAC Credit Controller - Logistics, you will be expected to build strong relationships with customers and business partners in an effort to ensure all invoices are paid in accordance to the contractual terms. You will provide regional leadership and guidance to country credit controllers and work closely with the finance team to improve current practices and processes.
- Engage with key customers and participate in strategic discussions in areas such as account mining, bagging of new accounts and disputes resolution
- Implement and suggest scalable solutions to improve and streamline credit management processes including the credit controlling system; guide the countries to operate the system efficiently, set up regional credit policies and control procedures for the countries as well as support on AR operations
- Increase growth of the company by improving cycle times (e.g. DSO, DPO, cash conversion, etc.), and improve working capital and reduce bad debts by rigorous review of credit applications
- Monitor customers’ credit limit in APAC, monitor AR overdue, handle monthly reporting and be involved in the budget process for the working capital requirement
- Consolidate various excel reports for monthly and quarterly reporting, extract reports from systems and consolidate KPI measurement and tracking
- Support the regional finance team in ad hoc projects as well as continuous improvement initiatives
- Minimum eight years of experience in credit management and AR collections in MNC companies with superior client handling skills
- Good understanding of credit risk, financial exposure and setting credit limits
- Experience in designing, setting up or implementing regional policies and processes would be a huge advantage
- Prior credit control experience in the transportation/logistics/supply chain management industry is a must
- Regional exposure or overseas work experience would be an added advantage
The company is one of the largest in the transportation industry, with global reach and a presence in 67 countries.
Apply today or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1981162 Laura Ojinaga