Regional Credit Controller
Salary SGD60000 - SGD84000 per annum
Consultant Dominic Salomoni (R1222603)
Date posted 17 May 20192019-05-17 2019-07-16 accountancy 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
A professional services firm is looking to hire a Regional Credit Controller, to be based in Singapore
About the Regional Credit Controller Role:
You will work as part of the APAC Finance team and report into the APAC Finance Controller based in Singapore. This is a high visibility role with regional exposure. You are responsible for the billing and credit operations for all of our business units in Asia. You will also drive the working capital cycle and take a lead on billing, collections and credit control.
- Working with client account teams on all billing and receivables related matters for the Asia business units (Professional Services)
- Ensuring the improvement of timeliness of the billing and collection process in the generation of cashflow for the business units; this includes active management of work-in-progress of business units to achieve desired accrued income days target
- Coordinating and perform high volume client billings to clients from various APAC business units; this will involve constant liaising with internal stakeholders including client service teams to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of billing and reporting
- Liaising with clients and client service teams with PO & billing discrepancies and questions
- Monitoring of billing progress and to ensure that revenue is recognised on timely basis
- Generating intercompany invoices, perform intercompany balance reconciliations and settlements
- Responsible for the credit strategy and credit risk management for all business units in Asia
- Driving the credit risk agenda overseeing the credit exposure and manage client’s credit terms
- Handling the collection of payments in a timely and effectively manner
- Contacting clients for payment of outstanding invoices and resolving of queries both internally and externally on outstanding invoices to facilitate payments
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned
To be successful in this Regional Credit Controller role, you will need a proven track record of being a strong cross-functional and cross-cultural collaborator. An outstanding communicator, you will need to be able to influence at all levels as a credible, fast-thinking, collaborative and proactive individual and demonstrate the ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Ideally professional qualifications such as CPA/CA. Work experience (only) will also be considered
- Minimum five years' relevant experience in of relevant billing and corporate credit experience with strong exposure to full AR process preferably in Professional Services / time-utilisation focused industries such as law and accountancy
- Strong understanding of GST and withholding tax laws in Asia
- Possess strong knowledge of cashflow management within contract revenue or work-in- progress model
- Proven ability of being a key contributor and instigator to a company’s growth
- Proven ability to ensure operational efficiency and processes
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, internal stakeholders and clients
- Strong MS skills especially Excel skills, accounting software experience
This global professional services firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Regional Credit Controller role is for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1222603 Dominic Salomoni