Finance Executive - Letter of Credit
Consultant Laura Ojinaga (R1981162)
Date posted 27 February 2019 2019-02-272019-04-28 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 54000 66000 66000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Finance Executive job has opened up in the largest trader of jet fuel in the APAC region in their Suntec office. The role reports to the Deputy CFO and Deputy Head of Finance.
About the Finance Executive role:
You will need to liaise closely with other teams to deliver finance/risk underwriting in time and manage the trade flow. Liaising with banks and be responsible end-to-end for the transactions and check viability of letters of credit.
- Processing of daily trade related transactions (Letter of Credit (LC) collections including payment)
- Checking of export and import documents against documentary credits a per current UCP and ISBP practices
- Issuing of various types of letter of credit, bid bonds, performance bonds, guarantees
- Handling of export documents (with or without DC)
- Processing bills bought, discounting and forfeiting
- Preparing reports for management, local authorities and head office
- Maintain close communication with internal customers such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Credit & Compliance, Treasury, Finance, etc
- Negotiate credit line with financial institutions, including but not limited to banks
- Matters related to trade finance with banks, including the opening of letters of credit, letter of credit negotiation, bills, loans and other related operations
To succeed in this role, you must have at least two years’ relevant finance background, oil trading industry preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy / Business Administration with major in Finance / part qualified ACCA
- Proficient in SAP R3, CXL & Microsoft Office applications
- Effectively bilingual in English & Chinese to liaise with clients from the region.
The successful Finance Executive will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in their offices.
If you are a talented and focused finance professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity now.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1981162 Laura Ojinaga