Salary SGD52000 - SGD65000 per annum
Consultant Zen Soh (R1439138)
Date posted 13 August 2018 2018-08-132018-10-12 accountancy 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Revenue Accountant job has just been made available at a multinational company. You will play an integral role in the APAC team, working closely with Business Partners, FP&A and Controllership teams.
About the Revenue Accountant Role:
You will be responsible for the overall revenue cycle for one of the business entities, including project cycle, billings, revenue recognition, work in progress and credit control.
- Partnering with the entity business leaders (partners, consultants and support professionals) throughout the project life cycle
- Ensuring accurate revenue recognition and completing project set-up administration such as provision of financial information to support business proposals
- Providing guidance to business leaders and legal during contracting – including advice on legal entities, coordinating with the tax team to ensure accurate guidance on tax/withholding tax/GST issues, plus advising business on options to minimise risk of foreign currency exposure
- Reviewing contracts for projects and manage new project set-up administration as they are sold
- Collecting and reviewing appropriateness of persuasive evidence to ensure revenue recognition in line with MMC policies
- Partnering with internal stakeholders on a monthly basis to understand project completion status and recognise/adjust revenue appropriately
- Providing financial information to country controllership teams support timely close process
- Recording invoice schedules into the Partner Dashboard and ORACLE, and sending invoices to clients in line with contract terms
- Managing WIP and AR in accordance with firm's policies, including preparation of monthly account reconciliations
- Liaising with external clients on outstanding payments or additional back-up needs in order for payment to be processed, such as expense receipts or billing and receipt history
- Working closely with the broader Asia Pacific Revenue Team and other key stakeholders to share best practices and drive continuous process improvement
- Development of robust process governance and education of key stakeholders
- Assisting in other ad hoc tasks as assigned by the supervisor/management
To succeed in this Revenue Accountant role, you should have experience in revenue accounting and be able to interact with regional stakeholders.
- Degree in Accountancy and Qualified CPA
- Minimum five years' experience in Accounting
- Prior experience in revenue accounting, project management and familiarity with Oracle would be an advantage
- Good command of verbal and written English and Mandarin due to the need to liaise with Mandarin-speaking counterparts in the region
- Strong customer service and willingness to be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Independent and able to make executive financial proposals with ease
- Possess a change management mindset
- High integrity and able to work under pressure
This organisation is a global brand name with a strong presence in Singapore. It is highly focused on onboarding the right talent to support its growth and this role will be crucial for the firm.
If you are driven, determined and want to fast-track your career and take on additional responsibilities, this Revenue Accountant role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today to discuss this opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439138 Su Zhenwei