Head of Corporate Finance
Salary SGD160000 - SGD170000 per annum
Consultant Lilian Sim (R1439442)
Date posted 02 August 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Head of Corporate Finance job has just been made available at a global shipping company based in Singapore. In this role, you will be working very closely with the senior leadership members in the region.
About the Head of Corporate Finance role:
In this business-critical role based in Singapore, you will be working closely with the finance team and other senior leaders in ensuring that the finance function is able to support the growth of the organisation.
- Lead, manage and oversee corporate development and activities
- Perform valuation of assets, cash flow analysis, financial due diligence, financial modelling, etc. to support corporate development and activities, capital raising and financial reporting
- Perform due diligence (e.g. identify and highlight any key operational risk, rising operational cost, declining revenue, understatement of expenses, etc.) and present findings and options to the management
- Provide insight on any distinct shift in company activities that may be inconsistent with long-term strategies and propose alternatives to management, which may include continued ownership, divestment of stake, etc.
- Provide detailed analysis of company and industry position and size relative to peers based on key historical and forecast financial indicators
- Act as the primary spokesperson on the company and corporate development and activities with senior internal leaders (e.g. Board of Directors, CEO, CFO and General Counsel) and external parties (e.g. CFOs and governmental representatives)
- Build and maintain relationships with investors, investment funds and banks to meet the funding needs of the company and corporate development and activities
- Work closely with the General Counsel to review compliance and risk for all legal documents and agreements related to mergers and acquisitions and general corporate development affairs
- Work closely with the CFO to manage investor relations (e.g. communication of quarterly financial results, communication with analyst, investors and one-on-one meetings, conferences and roadshows ,etc.)
- Oversee the finance-based transactional processing for the company, including but not limited to cash/debt management; this will encompass Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable functions as well as managing the day-to-day and monthly inter-company transactions
To succeed in this Head of Corporate Finance role, you will need to possess relevant accounting qualifications and have a strong interest in developing your career in a vibrant environment.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional Certification: CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- 10 years' relevant experience in a management role in an international corporation
- International tax experience, mergers and acquisitions
- Added advantage for candidates with prior experiences in shipping/maritime industry
- Familiar with ERP systems (e.g. SAP/Oracle)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good people management, leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to cohesively coordinate activities in different time zones and cultures
This organisation is a high-growth business with a strong international reputation and plans to develop across the globe. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Corporate Finance role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439442 Lilian Sim