Salary SGD7000 - SGD8000 per month
Consultant Lilian Sim (R1439442)
Date posted 14 August 2018 2018-08-142018-10-13 accountancy 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An Entity Controller job based in Singapore has just become available at one of the world's largest energy companies. You will be part of the team in the Singapore office and work very closely with the Head of Finance and team.
About the Entity Controller role:
In this business-critical role, you will be working closely with other senior leaders in ensuring that the finance function is able to support the growth of the organisation.
- Financial control and reconciliation of key balance sheet/general ledger balances in SAP and substantiation of these balances
- Monthly financial reporting including parent company reporting through the SAP-FC consolidation system as well as other ad hoc requirements
- Preparation of key financial data and business commentary, and presentation across senior groups within finance
- Preparation of annual financial statements for specified legal entities
- Assistance with preparation of group consolidation for monthly, quarterly and annual IFRS reporting to meet the requirements of key stakeholders
- Maintenance of financial data structures and month-end reporting templates, including the maintenance of the global booking policies
- Review of intercompany eliminations and supporting Accounting Control to resolve issues
- Critical review and analysis of global subsidiary financial reporting to support group control function
- Assist with the development of group-wide accounting policies and documentation
- Support auditors as part of quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Assist with the standardisation and improvement of legal entity control processes for all global legal entities to ensure consistent reporting
- Enhance general control environment though process development and improvement
To succeed in this Entity Controller role, you will need to possess relevant accounting qualifications and have a strong interest in developing your career in a vibrant environment.
- Degree-level education / ACCA
- Strong understanding of IFRS accounting and reporting and core financial accounting control principles
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS accounting for financial instruments (IAS 32 & IFRS9) an advantage
- Experience of preparing statutory financial information
- Highly IT literate; Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Exposure to the accounting and/or controlling function in a large or medium-sized multinational business, either in practice or industry
- Experience in a commodities or trading business would be an advantage
- Experience working in an international organisation with an overseas parent company would be an advantage
This organisation is a high-growth business with a strong international reputation and plans to develop across the globe. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Entity Controller role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439442 Lilian Sim