Salary SGD4000 - SGD5500 per month
Consultant Lilian Sim (R1439442)
Date posted 29 January 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Business Analyst job has just been made available at a global shipping company. In this role, you will be based in the Singapore office and work closely with the senior leadership members in the region.
About the Business Analyst Role:
In this business critical role, you will be working closely with the Fleet Director and other senior leaders in ensuring that the finance function is able to support the growth of the organisation.
- Work with the Fleet Director to ensure alignment of actual expenses with budgets and if there are deviations, create plans to make realignments to budget or manage the forecasting process to ensure the reports are built around sound commercial assumptions
- Use financial indicators, trends and models; identify opportunities for cost savings; increase business profitability and develop the financial strategy and policies accordingly
- Work with the Ship Team to create the annual financial planning activities and budgets in line with the annual budget timetable; present the performance against budgets to the management team; identify and address gaps in performance
- Prepare account schedules and reconciliations to support financial balances
- Ensure vessel financial results are in compliance with and adherence to company accounting policies
- Prepare insurance claims working with Insurance group and the Team
- Prepare financial reports and schedules for owners of managed vessels
- Work with Managers within the team to perform various project analyses (Cost/benefit, performance, financial etc)
- Review Vessel budgets with visiting masters and chief engineers and drive ownership of budgets to vessels
- Proactively review financial information, taking action to correct any adverse trends; highlight financial areas of concern to Managers
To succeed in this Business Analyst role, you will need to possess relevant accounting qualifications and have a strong interest in developing your career in a vibrant environment.
- Degree in Accountancy or CPA and its equivalent
- 3-5 years' finance experience with a sound knowledge of financial practices, modelling and reporting standards
- Experience of change management and project management; experience introducing new finance systems and processes is desirable
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Clear communicator who avoids jargon when speaking with the business, able to explain concepts simply
- Highly numerate – can see trends and pin point reporting errors rapidly
- Logical and analytical thinker who is accurate and attentive to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
This organisation is a high-growth business with a strong international reputation and plans to develop across the globe. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Business Analyst role.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1439442 Lilian Sim