Salary SGD3000 - SGD4000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Sabrina Yap (R1879576)
Date posted 08 July 20192019-07-08 2019-08-07 accountancy Singapore SG SGD 3000 4000 4000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A successful UK-headquartered private equity firm is looking to grow their Singapore office. They are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team to assist on accounting projects. Through this experience, it will afford you the opportunity to kick start your accounting career.
About the Assistant Accountant Role:
In the Assistant Accountant role, you will be working closely with the Finance Manager, and will gain exposure to a range of activities including accounts payable, reconciling the general ledgers, as well as working on different projects.
- Processing accounts payable (suppliers, staff expenses and credit cards), including associated ledger entries for approval
- Payment runs (BACS and CHAPS)
- Bank reconciliation across all corporate entities (70+ bank accounts) on a weekly/monthly basis
- Manage bank account opening process
- Prepare distribution notices
- Raise recharge invoices
- Raise sales invoices
- Assist with quarterly VAT and GST returns (UK and Singapore – photocopying invoices)
- Filing of monthly bank statements for all corporate entities
- Assist with creating new folders and archiving folders
- Assist in month-end procedures
- Provide assistance with annual audit and tax compliance processes
- Various ad hoc tasks
To succeed in this Assistant Accountant role, you will need to have a can do attitude and the drive to learn. This role affords you the exposure to private equity and will help jumpstart your career within the accounting space.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of operating an accounts payable or sales ledger function would be beneficial
- Previous accounting/book keeping experience
- Experience on accounting software, Sun Systems preferable
- Previous cash management (forecasting, and production of reconciliations) experience
- Experience in dealing with high volumes of work and the ability to be organised
- Understanding of need for financial control environment and adherence to procedures
- It will be advantageous to be familiar with the alternative asset classes of private equity and infrastructure
- Must be proficient on Excel and Word
- Deadline-focused and reliable
- Accurate with high attention to detail
- Able to work calmly and accurately under pressure
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to quickly assimilate new information/requirements
- Organised and methodical in approach to work, with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Sound communication skills (written and oral) with the confidence to deal with the investment team and suppliers
- Good interpersonal skills
This private equity firm is headquartered in the UK and has been expanding across the APAC regions. They are looking to take that one step further and is introducing a maternity leave coverage in Singapore.
If you are keen on the opportunity, please apply today.
If you know of anyone that is looking, please share this post across as well.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1879576 Sabrina Yap